Most of us are anxious to say goodbye to 2020 and welcome a new year. Here at Project Remodel we channeled our inner Oprah and collected some of the best product selections in furniture, decor, and home products for the year ahead. These designs are sure to bring a sense of style, meaning, and a story to your home.
In 2021, we see products that are relatable yet stylish and they need to be versatile for any room and repurposed for different uses. In particular, we see a lot of organic-inspired elements that lean toward geometric shapes in everything from furniture design to household items.
Though 2020 was a pretty wild year, a bright spot was the many designer/corporation collaborations and partnerships that launched entire new product lines from some of your favorites. From Joanna Gaines, LeAnne Ford, and Studio McGee, here’s a look at our top picks for 2021.
Neutral Home Decor Favorites
Neutral palettes, textures, and organic shapes are de rigueur for 2021. Color can create mood and drama, and we expect to see warm, comforting hues and bolder color pops. With most of us spending more time at home due to the pandemic, creating a home where we can relax and recharge is paramount. As you develop a color palette, think about the items in the room to create a cohesive look. In this post, we’ll take a look at a few of the best products hand selected by our team.
Target continues to slay the industry in home and design with their latest on trend partner collaborations. They never seem to miss a beat and work with the most desired influential teams.
- Threshold product lines do not disappoint – especially this one created in collaboration with Netflix stars, Shea and Syd McGee of Studio McGee. See the full product line here.
- Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia is a modern farmhouse home and lifestyle brand at Target created by Chip and Joanna Gaines. See the full collection here.
- Project 62 is a modern chic line from Target that speaks to a young adult in a small apartment to a suburban mom with a family of five. Stylish and affordable. Check out these highlights.
Crate and Barrel: Leanne Ford is a design queen in the making. Her organic and understated aesthetic sets herself apart in the Crate and Barrel/Pottery Barn category. Her latest furniture collaboration with Crate and Barrel is of high quality with exciting shapes and personalities.
CB2: CB2 is the sister store to Crate and Barrel and it’s modern, fresh and ready to take on the next young professional as their key target audience. They have a chic style that is right in line with the trends, but also relatable for anyone with a little taste.
Room and Board + Cambria: The Pren Collection – A line of handcrafted furniture with beveled edges and intricate details. Furniture collection includes desks, dining tables, coffee tables, cabinet bar and console tables. Mix and match sizes, wood finish with quartz design for a variety of choices in each selection.
Design Materials and Lighting
Some of our top manufacturers are launching some incredible and innovation products. Take a look below as a few of our favorites in the industry and how they continue to elevate their product design time and time again.
- Cambria + Gensler: The Coordinates Collection is a quartz surfaces collection of 14 design you can mix and match that will work well within a consistent color palette. Our favorite is the terrazzo-inspired Salt Lake design and matte finish Mammoth Cave.
- Mercury Mosaics: Mercury Mosaic’s handmade subway tile meets the square tile and herringbone tile patters. We recently saw a laundry room installation by Joinery and Design Co in Everglades color. We also saw an interesting application of half glossy and half matte white tile, which was stunning and fresh in a recent home tour.
- Kohler: Kohler is a standard in the fixture industry that continues to push the boundaries of innovation with voice activation technology. Our favorite product is the Purist single-hole kitchen sink faucet in matte black.
- Cafe Appliances: A modern take on appliances launched by GE Appliances , a Haier company. Disrupting the industry’s sea of stainless steel, Cafe is a line of appliances for the stylish consumer shopping within a mass premium price range. It’s Time Appliances Had A Personality. Yours. Accessorize Your Kitchen Like You Do Your Outfits with Customizable Appliances.
- Hennepin Made: Sconce lights are very attractive to many interior designs to elevate the aesthetic and create a mood in a space. Hennepin Made’s Bruma Sconce is a unique light accent with a detailed texture.
Innovative Breakout Star
Material Bank. Material Bank is the largest material marketplace in the design industry. They provide a powerful way to search hundreds of manufacturers and thousands of materials in seconds and get your samples to you overnight in a single box.
NOTE: All images are credited to product websites outlined in each section. Please visit the website to learn more about each product.